Q&A with Community Meeting Speaker Steve Marshall is never dull! Steve was invited to speak at the PCI Middle East and Africa Forum 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa. The topic of the talk was “How Could Africa Benefit from the Lessons that Europe Learned the Hard Way?” Post the conference Steve was asked to conduct a question and answer session on his talk. The questions that people wanted to know the answers to were:
- Your presentation discusses payment security lessons that Europe learned the hard way. Can you share some of these key lessons?
- Can you talk about your role as a PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI)?
- As a PFI, do you see breaches that result from security basics not being followed (for example, poor password practices, unpatched/outdated software and remote access vulnerabilities)? What can be done to prevent organizations from failing to uphold basic security practices?
- As a seasoned QSA, what are your thoughts on the Council’s efforts to help attract cybersecurity talent to the payment card industry with the recent introduction of the Associate QSA program?
- What were the key takeaways you hope the audience at the Middle East and Africa conference came away with from your presentation?
All of the answers and many more information are included within the PCI SSC blog.